The 2011 NFL draft begins tonight at 7 PM CST for Round One. ESPN and the NFL Network will broadcast the draft on TV; it will also be webcast on NFL.com. Rounds Two and Three will be held tomorrow, starting at 5 PM CST; Rounds Four through Seven will be held Saturday, beginning at 11 AM CST.
Here are some tools to help you follow the draft:
- NFL.com – The draft will be livestreamed from the NFL’s website.
- NFL.com Draft – The Draft section of the NFL site includes draft order for all teams, an excellent Draft Tracker to help you keep track of who drafted whom and where the Vikings are on the clock, links to draftee profiles, as well as video and commentary.
- Vikings.com Draft Central – Includes Vikings-specific draft resources.
- Vikings Live Video Stream – Vikings will hold a press conference after the first round.
- ESPN’s Draft Section
- ProFootballTalk – They do a great job of getting NFL news up quickly.
- Yahoo!’s NFL Draft section includes player rankings by Pro Football Weekly with video highlights for many of the players. Yahoo! typically does a great job with their NFL coverage.
- Star Tribune’s Vikings section – Chip & Judd chip in.
- Pioneer Press’ Vikings section – Jeremy Fowler’s coverage.
- ESPN 1500 – Tom Pelissaro.
- Twitter – Use the #NFLDraft and #VikingsChat hashtags to follow and contribute to Twitter conversations about the draft, and, of course, follow @mnvikingschat.
- Facebook – Follow and contribute to Vikings draft conversations with other Vikings fans at the Minnesota Vikings Chat Facebook fan page.
- YouTube – Subscribe to the YouTube channel for Minnesota Vikings Chat podcasts.